fbpx

LETS GET DOWN TO BUSINESS.

Question :
Hi there,I am self employed – a sole trader in my new business. I am just reaching the completion of my first year of business and have applied for the Wage Subsidy for Covid-19. I applied on the 26 or 27th March and have not received anything.I am wondering if since I don’t pay paye or my ir3 isn’t due to be returned yet this may effect my application. I know some who applied after me and have received payment already.Does anyone have any insight or information for me please?This would be greatly appreciated.

Question submitted 07/04/20 @ 07:06pm
Industry: COVID-19 Funding & Support
VIEW
VOTE
  • Hi Jade, Hang in there! I feel your pain. We applied 3-4 days before you and received payment yesterday. The hold up as it turned out was a new employee (full-time contractor) who had not filed a tax return yet to say they worked for us so there was no record at MSD. The MSD eventually phoned us and once we explained that, the payment was received in less than a day. I think your situation might be similar with no tax return yet? If so, I hope you will also receive a phone call shortly like we did. Good luck! Nick

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.