fbpx

LETS GET DOWN TO BUSINESS.

Question :
Hi There,I hope you and yours are well amd safe in these trying times.I’ve recently started a company and am looking into patent and trademark advice or recommendations, if possible. Also, anything else that might help out a startup would be appreciated.Cheers and take care,Anna

Question submitted 10/05/20 @ 07:14am
Industry: Legal
VIEW
VOTE
  • Hi Anna

Great to hear you’ve started a business.

There is a lot of useful information here.

We’re happy to have an initial chat (at no cost) to give you an idea of what you can/can’t trade mark and whether you are able to patent your product.

For trade marks, you can register them yourself in the appropriate class – we can give you some guidance as to what class you might want to register it in.

I can also give you some info on what you need to consider as a start-up.

Feel free to email me at edwin.lim@hgmlegal.com or call me on 021 638445.

Kind regards
    Ed

Morena. Good one on starting out. Think about ‘where value meets the market’ – it can be really hard in the early days to chart where your startup creates this value point, at which you want to protect your idea, concept with IP – knowing that a key part of any IP protection is disclosure and timing. So my guidance is to keep an eye like Edwin says on the core legal stuff, and focus also on where is the real need in the market, test and validate that, challenge your assumptions, move away from your idea to what people need and want, and then you can build the business knowing you have hit on something that people want. Good luck. Andy

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.