fbpx

LETS GET DOWN TO BUSINESS.

Question :
Hi there,I own The Sari Collective (www.thesaricollective.co.nz).I have a Facebook page and instagram, and I am struggling turning sales; in fact, I’ve had none. I know my SM posts aren’t quite up to scratch, but I’ve run out of ideas of what I should and shouldn’t post. I know I should be curating a brand, but I don’t know how. It would be good to get some help around this, and to turn supporters and visitors to the website into consumers. Any help will be appreciated!

Question submitted 20/11/20 @ 03:11pm
Industry: Digital & Online Marketing
VIEW
VOTE
  • Up
    Down

Hi there. Got a chance to see your website. It’s laid out quite well . Looks like mostly your business is about Indian dresses for rent. My opening question would really be about how big do you think that market really is and what’s the core problem that is being solved for TG? The social media and content strategy would really follow from there. Your insights on this would help unbox this further. Meanwhile, do share your IG links too please. Cheers

Up
    Down

I fear that you have not fully understood how rental and fashion businesses work. And so I have some research suggestions.

By studying rental businesses you can work out their business model (where are their costs and where do their revenues come from). Go to Kennards Hire and work out how they get customers to return regularly. What triggers a purchase? How do rental businesses acquire customers and how do they keep customers coming back?

I think you can learn a lot by following and researching other clothing / fashion rental businesses.
    here are several for you to study.
    Try to answer these questions

• who is their customer?
  • Where (else) does that customer go online?
  • On the website home page what do they want you to do?
  • What marketing tactics are they using? [join their newsletter and follow them to find out more]
  • https://www.bagborroworsteal.com/

Home

https://www.cocoon.club/

Then you have a couple of things to work out
    1 – What is your business model – one off rentals or a subscription? or both
    2 – Why do people rent and not buy fashion? [motivation and brand positioning]
    3 – Where else do these people shop or hang out online? [complementary brands]

Because as @Vishalchaddha says above, you need to know the market size first. Then you can find out how best to serve them (this affects pricing and whether subscriptions could be a good way to go), and lastly are your audience already used to renting fashion or not and if not, you have to start with education. Because they’ve never tried renting, they may not be considering it as an option when looking for a new sari.

When looking at the Cocoon site above, I found that they are doing referral, affiliate marketing in order to get new prospects. I found this from the link I clicked on = the UTM code which shows that it was from the Sheer Luxe Newsletter in September. This information gives you clues about their marketing strategy and tactics for new customer acquisition. Could you do this too?
    cocoon.club/pages/memberships?utm_source=sheerluxe&utm_medium=paidreferral&utm_campaign=sheerluxenewsletter_sept&utm_content=dailynewsletter

In New Zealand the place to find sites who will share affiliate links is Slice Digital
    https://slice.digital/

Best wishes
    Rebecca Caroe

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.