fbpx

LETS GET DOWN TO BUSINESS.

Question :
Hi there,we are a business that have been in operation since the covid lockdown occurred last year.We’ve been travelling around the Upper North Island i.e Tamaki Makaurau, Waikato, Hauraki, Taranaki, Tauranga and the Far North, delivering Hikoi/ Workshops for Men and women to help them release trauma, and deliver tools to help with mental health.The response to our events has been phenomenal and we’re looking to do more of our mahi in 2021 having already delivered a mens workshop in the Far North during Waitangi weekend, and we have our first hikoi booked in for Raglan on the 28th February.We need help with our governance structure, attracting funding and just general guidance on how to steer our waka.Can you help us with any of the above?Look forward to hearing back from you.nga mihi,Franky Bourke

Question submitted 17/02/21 @ 01:10pm
Industry: Social Enterprise (Community, Not-for-Profit, For Profit)
VIEW
VOTE
  • Up
    Down

Kia ora Franky, this is amazing mahi. I would love to have a session with you and see how we can help steer the waka. I’m actually based in Raglan so could meet you in person otherwise we can connect via video link – email me at rachel.adams@manaaki.io. A few questions. Are you set up as a legal entity yet? As a Sole Trader, Ltd, or Charitable trust? What are your aspirations? Have you charged for your training & events yet? This will help steer the conversation. Ngā mihi, Rach

Up
    Down

Kia ora Franky – I have whanau that have been on your hikoi a couple of times and speak really highly of the experience and the mental and spiritual benefits they’ve received from it. You really are onto something quite transformative well on your way to creating a movement.

Your governance, and organisational structure and pathways to funding all need to ladder up to what you want this movement to be. My question is, when you allow yourself to dream about how big this could be or the types things you want to do what do you see, whats your vision? Once you have a lock on that you can work your way back to where you are today and then make some decisions on structure, governance, and funding.

Keep do an amazing job, you’re making a difference and an impact in peoples lives.
    Nga mihi
    Pat

Up
    Down

Fantastic mahi Franky and well done for already making such a huge impact. I’ll look forward to following your progress.

Here are some practical places to find resources to help you decide about next steps:

1. Starting a charity – the Community Resource Kit – https://www.charities.govt.nz/ready-to-register/starting-a-new-charity/

2. Starting a business/social enterprise – Questions To Ask Before You Start a Business – https://www.business.govt.nz/getting-started/taking-the-first-steps/questions-to-ask-yourself-before-you-start

3. If you want to avoid the administrative burden of setting up and managing your own charity/business/social enterprise, another option is to use a fundholder such as Open Collective NZ – https://www.opencollective.nz/

Nga mihi
    Rochelle

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.