Hi, what a tough position you are in and is sounds like you are doing the obvious stuff like staying active on line and on social.
A couple of thoughts from me
– keep close to your RTO Destination Coromandel as I am sure they will have a plan to target Aucklanders and domestic as soon as people can travel which may only be 2 weeks away now.
– I think there will be some pent up demand to get away foo a break especially as we have had two long weekends knocked out while we were in lock down
– it is hard to pick the domestic market that everyone is relying on.. there will definitely be some who have lost their jobs or are felling poor, but there will also be many who have come out of this unscathed who still want to travel and get away for a break, and those who might have gone overseas during winter who will still wan tto go somewhere.
– you guys are a short drive from Auckland and will be seen as a close and relatively affordable destination to escape to, especially while we cant travel overseas either
– You may need to adjust pricing to remain competitive and offer value, this may not mean dropping your price but adding something in that creates more value, a bottle of wine, or a discount on stays over 3 nights for example
– could you collaborate with others, maybe an attraction, mountain bike rental, fishing charter company and bundle a package that it promoted on social media, run a competition maybe to create awareness,
– https://www.facebook.com/groups/647725352678015/?ref=bookmarks this is a tourism industry FB page you can join, there are over 900 members all posting suggestions and articles to help each other out.
There might be someone on here who can assist with your landlord question from a legal point of view..
I do hope things pick up for you once we can see a path to level 2 and below, stay strong and best of luck.