fbpx

Let's get down to business.

• wonderlandstorenz

Business Owner

@wonderlandstorenz

How can I increase sales online?

Question submitted 09/06/21 @ 09:37pm

Hi there, I added this question before but i cant see it now so im posting it again. I started a vintage clothing store online in January. In the time since then i have had maybe 10 sales through the website. I have posted some clothing on other sites like trademe and they have sold. So i am confident the clothing is stuff people would want but im obviously doing it wrong. I am quite new to owning a business so any advice or guidance is helpful! So how can i market the clothing and improve the brand?

Category: Brand & Marketing
      • Comments

• Views

• Shares

• Vicky Taylor

Industry Expert

@vicky-taylor

Reply submitted 09/06/21 @ 09:37pm

Up
        Down

Morena!
        What a great space to be in as more and more consumers consider their consumption levels and footprint and think of vintage. And great that you have confidence in the product.

There is plenty you can do here to boost awareness.
        – Offline awareness raising. You can consider traditional PR. Let all the key media know your story – Fashion Quarterly, Viva, etc everyone who can share what you are doing with your target market. Pop ups at markets where your target shop is also another way to grow awareness.
        – Online awareness raising. Search advertising, links to your site on trade me, influencers talking about your site and philosophy.

I would start with getting clear in your own mind about what success would look like in terms of number of value of sales, and how much you are prepared to invest to deliver that outcome. Then map out say a three month plan where you try different activities and review their impact to decide on what is most effective to continue with 🙂

Good luck!

• Shares

• Alex McCall

Industry Expert

@alex-mccall

Up
        Down

Kia ora @wonderlandstore!

To build on the kōrero and epic suggestions that have already been mentioned above I would add…..

1) Of your last 10x customers, do you know who they were? Age, demographic, location? If not, feel free to give them a friendly email asking to have a chat explaining you are wanting to learn more about who your business is for, most people will happily oblige. The purpose of this then rolls into suggestion number 2…

2) Do you know where your customers live? I don’t mean just as in physically, also digitally and in person. Have you thought about what Facebook groups these likeminded humans might frequent? Blog posts they might read? Influencers they might follow? Or do they live on the Chooice marketplace too?

These could be some good starts to shape how you might find your next 10x customers, go well!

Kia māia,

Alex

• Shares

• Catherine van der Meulen

Industry Expert

@catherine-van-der-meulen

Up
        Down

Hi there,
        Building a brand and distributing it through digital channels is a constant evolution of trial and error, learnings and experiences. What has worked for another brand or organisation might not necessarily work for you.
        My first port of call is always to create a plan and for what you are trying to achieve it would be to look up on beloved Google – Marketing Plan template. I have always use this one https://business.gov.au/planning/business-plans/how-to-write-your-marketing-plan but needs slight tweaks for an NZ business.
        This will support you in your thinking on what you want to achieve, what activities to undertake and also identify new opportunities of how to activate the brand and build a story that customers connect with.
        My favourite part of the Marketing Plan is the SWOT analysis and then following the resolution to each of the challenges outlined in the SWOT – this is an intrinsic part of the overall strategy and plan.
        Hope that this insight helps you

• Shares

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.