fbpx

LETS GET DOWN TO BUSINESS.

Question :
How can I progress with my app development in a way that it becomes usable and returns an income?

Question submitted 22/10/20 @ 05:36am
Industry: Digital and Technology
VIEW
VOTE
  • Up
    Down

Creating a profitable software business relies on identifying a pressing need for your customers, making a product available to them that solves the problem, that they can afford to pay for, that they prefer to your competitors, and that you can sell at a price that enables you to make a profit – or keep the business going long enough for you to make a profit eventually.

The first and most important part is… you guessed it… identifying a pressing need for your customers. Without that, no-one is going to pay you.

The best introduction to this approach is The Lean Startup by Eric Ries: http://theleanstartup.com/

Good luck!

Cheers
    Matt

Up
    Down

Are you a developer and building out an app?
    Do you have an app and are trying to monetise it?

Great to get a bit more clarity to the question.

Thanks

Up
    Down

Hi Bruce, I am not a developer. I have developed it to the stage of a POC but have not progressed beyond. Are are aware of content and data aggregation software that I believe will be required to develop its progression to an MVP.

Up
    Down

Hi Matt,

Thank you for your reply. I have undertaken a couple of validation exercises at various points with groups of people. The response is a unanimous yes to the idea of becoming a user.

I may have read visited the website previously but sure to read it again and understand the authors perspective.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.