fbpx

LETS GET DOWN TO BUSINESS.

Question :
How do I create Job Descriptions for staff and determine equal and relevant pay scales.

Question submitted 30/07/20 @ 07:12am
Industry: HR & Talent
VIEW
VOTE
  • Morena – good questions. I just google around for job description templates – there are some good ones there. On relevant pay scales, sometimes I can get this from recruiters in industries or I go to someone like the EMA or Chamber of Commerce who have quite good services and information available. Will have another think on this.

Kia ora!

There seems to be a bit of mystery around the art of pay-scale, but the employment.govt.nz explains it pretty clearly (https://www.employment.govt.nz/hours-and-wages/pay/pay-equity/equitable-job-evaluation/) and even links you to tools that will help you compare roles within your business as well as across industry.

Job Descriptions don’t need to be intricate. At the core they’re a means for your employee to understand the key deliverables of their role, who they report to, what the required skills or experience are (so they can develop if needed) and any reference to policy that may impact their role.

Happy to help or send you a template that you could adapt if you still need one.

Jada

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.