fbpx

LETS GET DOWN TO BUSINESS.

Question :
How do I get to the top of google when people search for products like mine? 

Question submitted 18/06/20 @ 09:49pm
Industry: Sales
VIEW
VOTE
  • Hello,

This question is made for me 🙂

If you want to do it yourself, I have written a book called ‘How to Get to the Top of Google Search“. It is written to be easy to understand. It seems to be cheapest at The Nile but is available in most bookshops. If you have no budget to buy you can get it out from the library.

Otherwise the very basics are as follows:

Undertake keyword research – understand what your target market are searching for.
    Create meta data (title and description tags) for the pages of your website. They should be unique and relate to the content on that page.
    Create regular, quality content that your audience would engage with.
    List your website with business directories. Try and get suppliers to put a link to your website on their website. A link to your website can be seen like a ‘vote’.
    Make sure you have Google Analytics, Search Console and Tag Manager installed to track data and conversions,

Its a huge subject but these are the basics. A free guide can be found here: SEO Basic Guide
    More recent and advanced stuff can be found on our blog: SEO Blog

Other great resources are:

Moz
    Search Engine Land
    Brian Dean
    Search Engine Watch
    Search Engine Journal

Hope this helps!

Richard

Keyword research is vital, and a good place to start is Google Ads. You need to pay for each click, but it’s a very quick way to get on to the front page of Google, and more importantly, you can collect a huge amount of data about what words and phrases your audience actually use to search for your type of business (Google Analytics does *not* give you this information). After a couple of months you’ll have a much better idea of the key words you should be targeting with your website’s content so you can tailor your website to perform better for these important searches in Google’s organic rankings.

I hope this helps.

Cheers
    Matt

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.