fbpx

LETS GET DOWN TO BUSINESS.

Question :
How do I turn my website visits and open carts into sales? I have traffic but not the sales. I have a wide range of products which are all handcrafted. Most with great reviews ,prices are on par with others. Any help would be appreciated, thanks. 

Question submitted 20/08/20 @ 07:47am
Industry: Digital & Online Marketing
VIEW
VOTE
  • Hi Anonymous,
    If you’re getting traffic and not conversion, often it means that your message and conversion path is not right or optimised.
    Here are 3 quick tips:
    1. Review your conversion path
    How many pages and how long are they staying on the site? Your aim is to increase this and lead them to where they complete the purchase. Look into your Google Analytics to get some learnings and insights
    Are they getting lost on the site? Is the information clear or is it confusing?
    Ask some of your friends to navigate through your site and get their feedback as to what their impression is and what they think is easy, difficult and what can be improved on.
    Have a read of this:
    https://blog.hubspot.com/marketing/how-conversion-paths-work-faq

2. Is your message resonating and your call to action to convert optimised?
    Often, the message is not clear, confusing or not standing out. Review your key messages and Unique Selling Proposition and make sure they are strong against your competitors and are compelling to the customers.
    Checkout your competitor sites and see how you compare to them.

3. Maximise your touch points with them.
    There are ways such as retargeting via Google ads that you can do to ‘follow’ a visitor after they leave. Or if it is abandon cart, then you can set up an automation to send them an email with an offer or the like to incentivise them to return and purchase.

Hope that this helps.

That’s fantastic advice @anne-casey

Hi There

Thanks for your question. This is very common with online businesses to have lots of traffic but no sales. Here are some suggestions I would recommend

– Facebook Advertising and have a retargeting Campaign
    – Ensure your website is easy to navigate
    – Discount/Offer to make customers purchase from you rather than a competitor

Retargeting Campaigns are great as you can target customers who didn’t make a purchase and who visited your site within the last e.g. 30 days. Images and Captions are key to draw back a customer with this type of advertising. Something like Hi! Remember Us? Something that would draw the customer back.

Make sure your website doesn’t have any issues/glitches and ensure it is easy to navigate for the customer. I always like to picture myself and how I would like to buy something and what might turn me away from a store. Think from a customer perspective and your perspective about easy navigation. You could have the most aesthetically pleasing and gorgeous website but if it doesn’t have the right offers or isn’t easy to navigate then that could stop a customer from purchasing.

I find with my online websites that having an offer really draws in a customer. For example, having Free Shipping Nationwide is great or having 15% off for the next 24hrs. For me, I am much more likely to buy from a store that has free shipping or a discount instead of a store that doesn’t and that is the same for the majority of people.

You stated that you have great reviews, use this to your advantage. People nowadays want to see reviews and social proof of others who have purchased from your store. Again if you showed some of your reviews on your website homepage or had a page specifically for reviews, this would give the customer another reason to buy from you rather than someone else. I find myself looking for reviews more and more nowadays and so if I am doing that, there are bound to be many others doing the same.

Hope these points help. Any questions, don’t hesitate to contact me annabellelindberg30@gmail.com

Thank you

Thanks heaps

`Hi There

This is tricky to diagnose without seeing your site. If you are happy to share your site we can provide much more specific advice. We’re here to help if you are brave to share.

Typically even very good websites will have cart abandonment. The email marketing platform Mailchimp reports that an average of 69% of carts are abandoned. If that is the average even good websites will likely have a high dropout.

By looking at your customer journey as Anne suggests you’ll be able to hone in on the areas of where people are abandoning.

A few key areas to look at:
    – Do they trust you? Do you have a good about page to tell your story and build a more personal connection. Do you have good reviews of your business?
    – Are your shipping costs complex? Having simple to understand delivery costs can reduce basket dropout. Offering free delivery over a certain amount of spend can help.
    – Is your checkout process easy to understand. Some payment providers require a log in which can be confusing and we’ve seen a higher dropout for those payment systems.
    – Offering buy now pay later services such as Laybuy and Afterpay can certainly help with increasing sales
    – Are you sending abandoned cart emails. Learn more here: https://www.rocketspark.com/blog/post/246/The-secrets-of-a-successful-shipping-strategyecommerce-shipping-rates-explained-/
    – Retargeting as Annabelle recommends so that your potential customers are reminded of you as they travel the internet.

Here’s a simple overview of the recurring themes we’ve seen for ecommerce success: https://www.rocketspark.com/blog/post/254/Ecommerce-secret-saucethe-9-simple-essentials-of-ecommerce-success/

Kind regards

Grant

Hi grant thank you my website is http://www.esentialbody.co.nz I just looked at it with customer eyes and think there needs to be changes but just not sure what. I made the website so that could be the problem but welcome your views.

Hi Sonya

Thanks for sharing your site.

Your industry is certainly a growing one.

The home page is an important step in the customer journey and there are a few areas where improvements can be made.

We often use this roadmap page as a simple 5 step checklist which I’ll use for you below: https://www.rocketspark.com/roadmap/

1. Say what you do in your main heading
    It would be helpful to add an overall heading that explains what it is that you do.

2. Tell visitors why they should choose you
    What is it about you that sets you apart from other products. Adding some text and graphics that tell your story and expertise would help. You’ve got some great reviews on your product pages so it would be worthwhile showing some of these on the home page. You’ll see on our own http://www.rocketspark.com site we weave the testimonials through the site. I recommend telling more of your story too. How did you get into making products, what is your passion.

3. Have a great first impression
    Having a simpler menu structure will make the top of the page less cluttered. You can lead people to your classes etc with other buttons within the site to make the menu simpler. I’d also recommend trying to improve the image quality to create a better first impression. Some of the images are a little dark and a touch blurry. Check out the makeover we did here for a natural protein bar site and the results have been really positive so far: https://www.rocketspark.com/makeovers/

I’d also put the enquiry form much smaller and near the bottom. You want to lead people to buy rather than make an enquiry but the form dominates the home page.

4. Have a call to action.
    Make it clear the actions you want people to take and lead them on a journey through the site.

5. Assume we don’t read paragraph text
    You site could benefit from having some more text on the site. Where you do add text its good to have headings so that customers can browser the site by just reading the headings.

Succeeding is a process of testing and learning./. If you’ve got a truly great product you’ll get there but it will take time to work things out. You might consider engaging a designer to help get things looking smart too as it will make a difference.

Lastly, we have a great book which covers off the essentials of a great website in a very easy to follow format which you can read here: http://www.rocketspark.com/ebook

Kind regards

Grant

Thank you so much grant that all makes sense:)

Happy to help Sonya!

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.