fbpx

LETS GET DOWN TO BUSINESS.

Question :
How important is LinkedIn if I want to be credible with clients as a marketing communications agency? 

Question submitted 04/11/20 @ 02:13pm
Industry: Digital & Online Marketing
VIEW
VOTE
  • Up
    Down

I personally think in the current environment LinkedIn is probably the most important channel to be see in as an individual – so I would say absolutely. This is where you can establish your expertise and disseminate unique, content that projects the value you provide (Don’t Sell Though!!!)

If on the other hand you are just looking to promote the company, there may be other things that you should look at first. This would be dictated by where your customers are at: are you B2C or B2B

Either way I would want to be on most platforms that resonate with my target market, I would dovetail that with PR, search and and (dare I say it) some real world advertising!

Hope this helps 🙂

Up
    Down

Dear Anonymous
    If your clients and prospects are on LinkedIn – you should be there too.

If they are on Facebook, or Instagram, or have a stand in the local town square, or are members of the Penrose Business Association or The Dentists Association of Aotearoa, or if they read Stuff, or the Manawatu Gazette you need to be there as well.

You will find a diverse range of places to publish, do social media, hang out, create a directory listing which are ALL determined by your prospects and clients’ businesses.

If your reply is “our clients are all over the place”, then I respectfully suggest as an anonymous communications agency, your brand positioning is too broad. You won’t find any clients at all (except via referrals) if your positioning is “we serve anyone”.

I provide B2B marketing for SMEs.

From that one sentence, you will know if I am an agency who can serve you.

Try and write your own positioning in one sentence.
    The web agency for travel businesses.
    Public Relations for fashion and online retail.

Good luck.

Up
    Down

Dear Anonymous
    If your clients and prospects are on LinkedIn – you should be there too.

If they are on Facebook, or Instagram, or have a stand in the local town square, or are members of the Penrose Business Association or The Dentists Association of Aotearoa, or if they read Stuff, or the Manawatu Gazette you need to be there as well.

You will find a diverse range of places to publish, do social media, hang out, create a directory listing which are ALL determined by your prospects and clients’ businesses.

If your reply is “our clients are all over the place”, then I respectfully suggest as an anonymous communications agency, your brand positioning is too broad. You won’t find any clients at all (except via referrals) if your positioning is “we serve anyone”.

I provide B2B marketing for SMEs.

From that one sentence, you will know if I am an agency who can serve you.

Try and write your own positioning in one sentence.
    The web agency for travel businesses.
    Public Relations for fashion and online retail.

Good luck.

Up
    Down

Kia ora,
    Great question!
    I am a BIG fan of Linkedin.
    1. If you are a B2B business and want to reach decision-makers and build your own personal brand, then Linkedin is where you want to be.
    2. For my own business, I get the best organic ruslts using Linkedin over Facebook and Instagram.
    3. I also like LinkedIn over other platforms because I can choose who I connect with and strategically grow my audience with people I could do business with.
    4. When people are doing research and Google your name (who doesn’t do this?), your LinkedIn Profile is almost always in the top three search results. So it pays to have a great Linkedin presence so you are making the right first impression.
    5. There is so much value being shared on LinkedIn.. it is a great place to engage in conversations while growing personal and professional connections.

Lets connect 😉 http://www.linkedin.com/in/davidremmerswaal/

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.