fbpx

LETS GET DOWN TO BUSINESS.

Question :
I am starting a business that provides business technology solutions and support for small businesses. This includes setting up cloud servers, line of business applications, email, internet and phone services, websites, and providing end user support and business technology guidance. Essentially an outsourced IT department. How can I confidently approach potential clients? I am still in early stages of business and don’t have any clients to provide me with validation that people actually want what I’m providing. 

Question submitted 17/12/20 @ 08:30am
Industry: Start-ups
VIEW
VOTE
  • Up
    Down

Hi. I would recommend picking up the phone and cold calling. Start in rural NZ / outside of Akld. They tend to be more receptive. Sales is contact sport. Often it takes 100 calls to get 10 prospects / qualified leads and 1 actual sale. Tone of voice is important. Make sure you stand and smile when calling. Practice in mirror prior. Be crisp on your value prop and point of difference. Think of yourself as a proactive doctor. You are here to help others, who may not yet know they have a problem. Focus on them, not your product / service. Get them to talk about their challenges, strategy etc. Ideally you will talk for less than 1/3 of the time on call. Be genuine / authenticate and persistent / tenacious / resilient. It will take time. You may need to adapt / tweak your pitch, business model or value prop. That’s fine and normal. Once you get your first dollar, it will get easier and provide the validation you need to scale.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.