fbpx

LETS GET DOWN TO BUSINESS.

Question :
I am trying to register my business with MBIE so i can sell face masks to public, however i am having trouble because i cannot veridy my RealMe login without visiting the post office with my ID and proof of address.Any tips??

Question submitted 07/04/20 @ 07:50am
Industry: Retailing
VIEW
VOTE
  • Up
    Down

Morena – I have played around online and I can see your issue – I have asked the people at MBIE to see what the work-arounds are – stay tuned, Andy

Up
    Down

Hi there Reign and Co – so I have talked to the good people at MBIE and they have confirmed (1) Business Connect is the platform where people apply to be registered to supple essential services (2) the business does not require a RealMe Verified ID to register with the platform (3) but you will need an NZBN – to make this easier for you – please email me ra.hamilton.nz@gmail.com and I will connect you with the MBIE team. Andy

Up
    Down

and here is one more update around the difference between RealMe ‘verified identity’ and ‘login’ –

“The 2 RealMe offerings can be confusing.

Aa RealMe login is something quite different to a RealMe Verified Identity.

A RealMe login is a user name and password that you can use to access a range of government services online – slightly like how people use their google account details to sign up for multiple other services in the private sector. It saves them from having to have multiple logins.

A RealMe verified identity is something quite specific – a RealMe identity means that you have verified exactly who you are – you need to have provided information like your birth certificate or passport. This is used for applying for services like your first adult passport or your student loan.

Government doesn’t require that level of verification for the essential goods register. We know that the person owns the business because they are able to login via RealMe to their NZBN which means we know they run the business.”

Up
    Down

One more thing “we have a list of FAQs on our website that the business may find helpful. The provide information on NZBN and how it works with RealMe and Business Connect. We believe this will help address any further questions:

https://businessconnect.govt.nz/register

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.