fbpx

LETS GET DOWN TO BUSINESS.

Question :
I am trying to work out how I can maximise my cash flow as much as possible. I am an importer of products. Is there any ability to enter into deferred or dererral arrangements on imports with NZ Customs? I seem to recall someone mentioning this recently? HOw does this work? How long can the deferral be? 

Question submitted 04/05/20 @ 03:57pm
Industry: COVID-19 Funding & Support
VIEW
VOTE
  • Hi, New Zealand Customs operates a deferred payment scheme which allows an importer to defer payment of Customs charges (including import duties and GST).  Under the scheme, import charges are payable on the 20th of the month following the month of import (i.e. April imports would be payable on 20 May), rather than paying customs charges on import.  In some circumstances, a bank guarantee / security may need to be provided to enrol in the regime.  See here for further information (https://www.customs.govt.nz/business/import/deferred-accounts-for-importers/).

During COVID-19, Customs has been entering into extended deferral arrangements on request from importers with a number of importers obtaining deferrals of up to 6 months. Customs have also indicated that extended deferral arrangements can be entered into for excise clients. Happy to receive any enquiries.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.