fbpx

LETS GET DOWN TO BUSINESS.

Question :
I have an idea and want support or help to raise to higher areas if people think this could work  Kiwi’s Holidaying at Home Aim: • Stimulate the economy after covid-19 • Focus on Tourism & Hospitality (keep employment in that sector) • Get Kiwi’s to holiday in NZ and experience what our country has to offer. Product: A pre-paid Eft-pos card distributed to every NZ Family that can only be used at physical locations that are part of the government pre-approved travel scheme. It needs to be an eft-pos card so people cannot spend it online overseas and to keep the transaction fees low. The card would have an app associated with it that would have. • Card Balance • Previous Transactions • Approved Venues and associated information • Booking information etc… • Could have a discount scheme for future use to entice kiwis to travel internally There would also be an associated Website and dashboard for the venues to apply for the travel scheme and enter the appropriate information of their business. This will also have consumer analytics to help the venue understand the people visiting to help with their marketing efforts etc.. Infrastructure: The card would run on the Paymark network and venues can be loaded overnight. Payment to the venues from the card would be paid overnight also via Paymark. Paymark would discount their fees The app would receive data from both the card database (transactions) and the website database for the venue information. Companies who offer the experience would offer discount for experience or accommodation or travel . this could be topped up by government or card . e.g K Jet boats in Queenstown charges !150 per ride but discounts to $ 100 . They could still be reimbursed a portion of what they gave away 

Question submitted 19/05/20 @ 04:25pm
Industry: Tourism
VIEW
VOTE
  • Yes, it’s sort of a “helicopter money” approach – but restricted to tourism and hospo… An interesting one. I’m sure the govt is taking a bit more of a wait and see approach – wait for lock down to ease, see if kiwi’s travel and spend. Personally, I think the one-off additional long weekends in 2020 is a sweet idea… Keep those ideas flowing @ohopedude!

Like the thinking and certainly worth sending to the minister of tourism whose e-mail wont be too hard to find on line I am sure, and the head of Tourism NZ Stephen England-Hall as they seek ideas to rebuild our industry. The idea of a few extra long weekends seems to be gaining traction… I agree with Peter that the government is likely to take a wait and see approach as there are signs that kiwis are willing and eager to travel once further restrictions are lifted, and they have no choice if they want to get away somewhere so they might be hesitant to give away money that will probably get spent anyway… Goof line of thinking and keeping it targeted on the tourism and hospitality sector.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.