fbpx

LETS GET DOWN TO BUSINESS.

Question :
Im a registered nurse thats fallen in love with barbering. So i started a side gig and named it Stallion barbers. I dont have an actual barber joint with the reason being there are already a lot of barber shops around so i thought id do home visits where i go direct to where my clients are at that time and cut their hair there… could be at home… or in the office. The problem i face right now is growing my  clientele, im using social media to get what i do out there but it seems like its not enough and just feel no one is taking me serious… what do i do? How do i get my work out there to increase customer numbers.

Question submitted 10/04/20 @ 05:23am
Industry: Brand & Marketing
VIEW
VOTE
  • How many customers do you have?

How are you using social media? Are you placing paid social ads and what are the audience segmentation criteria you’re using? What can you tell from your existing clients that can inform the your targeting? (eg are they men / women, what age/s, where do they live / work, etc etc)

here’s an article with more information in case it’s helpful: https://blog.hootsuite.com/target-market/

Do free cuts for some of your family members and friends then use your images from their cuts as content for your social media pages. Run a special, you should gain some customers after that as they will see your work.

Hi, in this gig economy there are some interesting things happening. The best one I’ve seen is the idea of setting up a partnership with local bars or clubs (even RSA’s). Some of the up and coming barbers set up a chair and patrons can get a haircut while they are having a beer with their mates! You pay the bar/club owner a fixed amount for being on premise or a % of takings. It’s a great customer experience and has the advantage that you have virtually no overhead costs and you are visiting the customer in their habitat!

Love your idea! Sounds like a lot of fun. In addition to all the great ideas above, perhaps a fun way to generate interest and build your community on social media is to get people to post pictures of their hair cuts in isolation. I’ve seen a few funny posts of guys having their wives, family, children cut their hair, and showing off the photos. You can run a competition for best cut, funniest cut, etc. And you could consider giving a prize away of a free cut by you after isolation to sort out the home cut situations. Could be a light hearted way of building empathy and building your database at the same time. Good luck!

Love what you’re doing and the idea of a visiting barber. I would suggest keeping busy and active on social media and more so looking into a planning of attack for when we get given the all clear. Make sure your ready for when we’re able to get back up and running.

Also who’s your target market ? Anyone and everyone ? Males ? Females ? Kids ?

Why don’t contact some of the offices and businesses in the city offering your services. You could set up in the main lobby / reception area and staff members can book in a time slot which worked for them. Once this lockdown ends everyone will be rushing back to work with no time to get a fresh haircut and I’m guessing barbers / hair salons will start to get busy very quickly.

Also have you tried using a booking app ?

Booksy is a great app which connects to instagram / facebook.

My hairdresser does just this, and she posts on neighbourly and Facebook her local Community groups to get new clients – start with your home location and build up word of mouth from there. Ask your current clients to give you Facebook reviews and refer their friends. Doing it at people’s homes is such a great service and once you have a base clientele you’ll be flying in no time!

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.