fbpx

LETS GET DOWN TO BUSINESS.

Question :
I’m reaching out to ask the teams thoughts on the following;In a post COVID world, how do we deliver a great customer experience when we can no longer be face to face with our global customers? How are B2B businesses engaging with their customers to ensure content, the long conversion sale, and top of mind saliency still remain intact?I’d love to get a handle on businesses that are using innovative ways to do so and any case studies that point to fresh thinking in this space. I’m curious about the future of tradeshows, product demonstrations, and how to build connection and empathy with overseas customers, and internal teams, when travel restrictions veto meeting, networking and entertaining prospects and customers in-person. Business is relational but how is that developed virtually.Many thanks in advance for your thoughts.

Question submitted 27/06/20 @ 08:48am
Industry: Business Growth
VIEW
VOTE
  • Hi Russell,

This is a great question and inquiry. I am a co-owner in a global education company and we work with ambitious business professionals and owners all over the world to deliver our programmes. We completely reinvented our company during COVID and launched a 3D-Virtual Campus powered by Virbela.Com https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pfhW2epUXK0 which has been quite amazing so far since launching it a month ago.

Here are a couple of my Linkedin Posts about it and a CNN interview on the future of work with EXP Realty Owner and CSO of Virbela. EXP actually bought Virbela and have around 30,000 people using their EXP Virtual Campus to deliver real estate training, tradeshows and their real estate brokers work from there. The video speaks to your question of meaningful engagement.

It’s pretty cool and I am happy to meet you on our campus and take you for a tour if you want to check it out. We also have some businesses starting to collaborate with us and use our campus to work and deliver things.

https://www.linkedin.com/posts/influence-ecology-drew-knowles_influence-ecology-virtual-campus-activity-6679967856907706368-Rp-r

https://www.linkedin.com/posts/influence-ecology-drew-knowles_our-lives-have-changed-so-much-recently-activity-6671199364880433152-OQZ_

Cheers,

Drew 021838433

Hi Russell. Everything’s relative. And the whole world is in the same boat, with minimal travel and face to face contact, beyond the borders. Unquestionably, that poses restrictions that simply weren’t present when face to face meetings were the norm but it also presents the opportunity to do relatively better. Our experience, at least so far, is that the world of Zoom etc., makes contact easier, faster and more spontaneous. Distance is no longer a barrier. And in markets like the U.S., where personal meetings are so limited, there’s no disadvantage to being ‘virtual’.

My advice is to embrace the opportunity this presents and see it as such. Spend some effort on how to maximise your comms skills on platforms like Zoom. Trade shows are becoming virtual, so again, learn to adapt.

And then maybe read this article in today’s New York Times – https://www.nytimes.com/2020/06/29/technology/working-from-home-failure.html
    It argues that ‘working from home’ is not a sure bet for the long term. If that proves to be the case, then take advantage of the ‘levelling of the playing field’ that the absence of face to face meetings creates. Put effort into making your digital communications as involving as possible and stand out from your competitors – they are no more advantaged than you. And ‘put a bob each way’ on how all this will play out in a post Covid world. Accept and work with the current digital reality but be ready to get out there in person when that opportunity presents itself. The key is to stay ahead of your competitors. And isn’t that always the goal?
    Good luck, Peter.

Many thanks for your thoughts and advice. Working through next steps and will report back with any updates. Thanks, Russ

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.