fbpx

LETS GET DOWN TO BUSINESS.

Question :
I’m thinking about scaling a technology platform I’ve created globally but I know its going to require some funding.  Whats the current climate like amongst investors at the moment?  Are they even looking at funding at the moment?

Question submitted 05/05/20 @ 12:11pm
Industry: Business Growth
VIEW
VOTE
  • Hi, things are clearly more challenging now, but here’s an opinion piece by Icehouse Ventures CEO, Robbie Paul https://www.stuff.co.nz/business/prosper/advice/121178886/iconic-companies-emerge-out-of-every-major-crisis–so-it-will-be-with-covid19

Its a tough environment for capital raising at the moment – most investors have lost “money” on their portfolio’s in some way shape or form so cheque books are generally closed except for their most promising existing portfolio companies. I expect as recovery comes investors will be most focussed on companies with accelerating revenues. That said capital raising is always hard and if your technology/product team is good enough you never know …

Also check out some of the early stage funders too such as NZVIF who are doing direct funding/investments on a matched basis as well as their new funding working with investment partners. There is also Callaghan for the “D” of “R&D”.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.