fbpx

LETS GET DOWN TO BUSINESS.

Question :
Kia ora, I have a couple of questions:1. How do I set up a social enterprise, 2. And how do I reserve a name for this social enterprise?

Question submitted 02/11/20 @ 08:24am
Industry: Social Enterprise (Community, Not-for-Profit, For Profit)
VIEW
VOTE
  • Up
    Down

Welcome to the amazing world of social enterprise!

Setting up a social enterprise in Aotearoa NZ is pretty easy! There are a huge amount of resources available – to help not only with your business model but to also help you figure out your impact model – the purpose of your business and how you will make a positive difference!

Check out https://socialshifters.co/social-shifters-signup/?ssgroup=akina for free resources and inspiration and connection to the social enterprise community.

I would recommend starting with the Social Lean Canvas to get down in one place everything about what you are hoping to do and why.

In regard to your name, there is no reservation required! Just like any business, you can call your social enterprise whatever you like! When you determine the right legal structure for it, you will need to register it. Make sure you check out the resources giving advice on what legal structure is right for you!

Ngā mihi nui,

Lou

Up
    Down

Kia ora

When choosing a name for the organisation it’s good to consider if the name is also available as a domain name (for your website and email accounts) and the name for the organisation’s social media profiles.

I’m no expert in organisation structures but we do have some good advice on choosing a website domain name which you can read in our free ebook here: https://www.rocketspark.com/ebook-building-a-website-click-by-click/

Many software companies will provide discounted rates on their software for not for profits and social enterprises so its worth asking the question as you purchase the various digital tools you’ll use to run your organisation.

Kind regards

Grant

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.