fbpx

LETS GET DOWN TO BUSINESS.

Question :
Kia ora just needing advice with the msd start up? pros and cons please Nga mihi

Question submitted 30/10/20 @ 09:43pm
Industry: Funding & Finance
VIEW
VOTE
  • Up
    Down

Kia Ora – are you talking about this programme? https://www.workandincome.govt.nz/products/a-z-benefits/self-employment-start-up-payment.html I have heard it is good, it is quite hard or rule based, ie they want to make sure you are eligible and they want to make sure there is a plan in place to do your startup, so from what I know you have to do the hard work in preparation before they will support under this programme, Andy

Up
    Down

Hi there Andy!

When you say hard yards, what do you mean? I have got my business plan and been in business a year. I have an accountant and my suppliers etc. Do you mean their process is thorough?

Up
    Down

Hi Pepa – good to hear from you, sorry I was not that clear in my communication. Let me try again. What I was trying to say is that the programme for support requires applicants to be clear in their preparation, to have looked at the risks, the opportunities and to have presented a good business plan/business case that is itself then peer reviewed by an expert in the industry as to whether it is likely to succeed. So yes, the process from what I understand is quite thorough and challenging and can I think take some time – albeit this last point around timelines, I don’t actually have any data to prove that or not.

I wish I had more ‘data points to help’ you work through how easy or hard this process for suppport from MSD is. I also don’t know whether they are prepared to support existing businesses that have already started – that might be an issue.

Are you talking to an existing MSD case manager? Andy

Up
    Down

Hi Andy.

Thanks for your reply. To answer your question, no. I had looked into it months ago when heading into business but just to get in to a compulsory seminar took months. I just happened to come across this post and remembered. You are also correct in that, they probably dont help established businesses as I see it is a start up grant.

Thank you for your time and lovely to meet you.

Nga Mihi
    Pepa

Up
    Down

Kia Ora – and to you Pepa! Andy

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.