fbpx

LETS GET DOWN TO BUSINESS.

Question :
Kia ora, Ko Renee tōku ingoa, I am based in Perth, Australia, and I launched my pakihi Māori in August of this year.  I have been struggling with marketing and sales.  I have paid for facebook ads that have generated alot of interest but that never convert to sales. The basis of my business: Customers send through a photo, and can choose to get canvas or photo prints of their tamariki that also includes the pepeha and birth stats of the pēpi, all in te reo Māori.  I do baby bodysuits with printed pepeha on them as well as bedroom posters for tamariki to hang on their wall.  pepi-prints.com is my website.  I know that my product is extremely niche, but I believe that it can be a success with the right knowledge, would love some assistance.Ngā mihi ki a koutou katoa :)

Question submitted 17/11/20 @ 06:01am
Industry: Brand & Marketing
VIEW
VOTE
  • Up
    Down

Kia Ora, Renee – Well done on being bold on creating Pepi Prints. A great story and a great creation.

It’s interesting your comment about the Facebook ads generating interest but not converting. Are you targeting specific groups with these ads?

Would be great to understand who is your target market for Pepi prints? Are you targeting those where Te Reo is the native language? Or you trying to appeal more broadly to the wider NZ population.

As a non-native Pakeha (originally from the US and been here 27 years), you’ll have to pardon my ignorance on Te Reo. It’s soemthing I really do want to explore now that I find myself with more free time. As a non-Te Reo speaker, the words on the website are not understood by me. I had to use Google to understand Pepi. Much of the wording on the site is inaccessible to me. Things like the About Us page, wording on the posters and photo prints, and the shirts too. If you are targeting the wider NZ population, this may be an inhibitor. Is it possible to have English translations co-exist on the products?

Also, the target of babies limits to a narrow target market. Wonder if expanding to bringing Te Reo in to stories of families might extend the reach?

In terms of the product range, have you considered smaller sizes than A3? I am uncertain how many people would have wall space for A3 and large prints. Wondering if you could offer smaller options perhaps down even to A5 or A6. And, perhaps books as well where you can get family stories in Teo Reo and English interwoven.

Really inspired by the concept. If you can provide more clarity on the target market(s), the Manaaki community can provide further detailed thoughts! Go well!

Leslie

Up
    Down

Hey Renee – super good feedback from Leslie. Another possibility while you are building up your user/customer base is selling via marketplaces or Groups – like https://konei.nz/ or https://chooice.co.nz/ – or I am sure there are others as well – good luck!

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.