fbpx

LETS GET DOWN TO BUSINESS.

Question :
Kia ora Manaaki team,I am Karla Sanders and since 2013 I have been part of the youth-led bullying prevention charity Sticks ‘n Stones and I need your help to try and get a high profile Kiwi to support an awesome fundraising opportunity we have secured.  Here in NZ, bullying is something that impacts far too many of us.  It makes us feel worthless, helpless and like we don’t matter.  Being ‘different’ makes so many of us a target for others trying to feel powerful or in control.  The effects are massive and many adults still feel these years later.  It stops us from being fully who we are )or could be), it also stops too many of us from taking opportunities and exploring our goals, hopes and aspirations.Our work is around empowering young people aged 8-18 with ongoing, high-quality support and training to develop their skills and confidence to recognise and prevent bullying behaviours.  We work with almost 800 young people every year.This year we have been offered an incredible opportunity to be part of a national fundraising auction in November to help us raise much-needed funds (alongside some other incredible charities).We are looking for a high profile Kiwi ambassador to stand alongside others like Joseph Parker, Nadia Lim and Temuera Morrison and team up with us and be involved in three easy ways:1) A short video message (recorded on your mobile phone) supporting Sticks ‘n Stones for the Give A Damn media campaign 2) A shoutout on your social media platforms with the auction link when the auction goes live 3) A prize for the Give A Damn “15 Minutes with Fame” auction item series to support our cause. The prize would be a 15-minute video call with yourself at a mutually agreeable time over the next 12 months. Is there anyone in the Manaaki community that can help us out??  Together we can make bullying a thing of the past and working alongside our young people is a crucial part of this.Thanks so much for your timeSmilesK

Question submitted 31/07/20 @ 02:08pm
Industry: Brand & Marketing
VIEW
VOTE
  • Hi Karla – Wow, what an awesome initiative. Congrats. What a difference your organisation must make to so many people. While I don’t have any high profile connections to offer, perhaps @carokerr from Anthem PR may be able to assist? Go well! Leslie

Hi Karla – Monty Betham, one of Manaaki’s co-founders will flick you an email or call you later today.

Can you please email me your phone number on karla.hamilton@manaaki.io

All the best with this fantastic initiative!

Hey Karla – so cool to see that your hard work is paying off and that Monty was able to connect you up with the epic Liam Messam for this initiative! Andy

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.