fbpx

LETS GET DOWN TO BUSINESS.

Question :
Kia Ora team,My name is Curtis and I’m based out of Upper Hutt.I started my own business this year and left the Royal New Zealand Navy after serving 13 years in . I’m in the business of mental performance coaching and mainly focus on driven athletes. It’s a calculated risk that I’ve taken and i believe that my greater vision has the power to change so many lives. I received a payout and sold everything i didn’t need to start up my business, even sold my Ranger which i worked so hard to create. It was my dream truck that i wanted since i was 17. Again it was for the greater vision. All of that money went towards a few things to start up but mainly covering my mortgage till January plus other bills to look after my wife and kids.My question is, am I eligible for some sort of start up funding? I’ve looked online for some small business funding but i don’t fit the criteria because my business is quite new and hasn’t turned over enough so far. I’ve had people tell me that i am able to get funding but i’m unsure if i’m looking in the correct area. Could i please get some guidance in where to look and who to ask. I’ve just invested in upgrading my website and have written a book during lock down which is at the publishers. If you’re interested in checking out my website it is fivezerocoachng.com. It is really simple and basic for now, my intentions are to make it more detailed in what we offer and have testimonials, videos and a blog. I gain most of my clients through Instagram @fivezerocoachingAny advise is greatly appreciated not only in funding but in business as well. Warm regards,Curtis

Question submitted 12/08/20 @ 10:20am
Industry: Funding & Finance
VIEW
VOTE
  • Hey Curtis – awesome, ups to you. Nice site. The only ‘startup’ funding that I am aware of beyond investment from equity investment and/or R&D funding from Callaghan Innovation is this scheme – https://www.workandincome.govt.nz/products/a-z-benefits/self-employment-start-up-payment.html – and you have to be registered on the benefit to be able to access it. I can see both the Nats and Labour have however put some policies out – but that will not happen this year. Andy

Cheers Andy! I’ll have a look now.

Kia ora Curtis,

I’m taking a stab in the dark and assuming from your website that you are Māori?

If this is the case, depending on your income, there is Poutama and maybe Te Puni Kokiri. Also, have you tried your Iwi?

Also, there’s the Regional Business Partner Network, where you can get a grant to do work with approved business advisors, like myself, to do work like business plans, cashflow forecasts, business continuity planning etc. Here’s a link to the RBP https://covid19.nzte.govt.nz/page/regional-business-partner-network.

Thank you very much @Wyndi.

Yes, I am Maori. No, i haven’t tried my Iwi.

Are we able to have a conversation at some stage please?
    Warm regards,
    Curtis

Kia ora Curtis,

Awesome move and I am really keen to hear more of your success with your vision.

It is always good to engage with a bank first with the transactional record to gear up for any of your future debt funding possibility. Would suggest that you speak with your bank and learn from possible working capital funding option when you are budgeting for your future with the future cash flow analysis.

Happy to help if you need some sort of initial discussion via frankywang83@gmail.com

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.