fbpx

LETS GET DOWN TO BUSINESS.

Question :
Kia Ora, We run a successful Small business in Rotorua, 90% international 10% domestic!! What measures should we be putting in place to increase our domestic numbers. With adversity comes opportunities how do we position to take average of these opportunities both in a Sales and HR prospective. Ngā Mihi Nui  

Question submitted 05/04/20 @ 03:23pm
Industry: Tourism
VIEW
VOTE
  • Great you are being proactive. Can you tell us a bit more about the type of business?

Great to see you thinking outside the square. Tailoring your product to the domestic market will be the way forward until international travel confidence returns.This could be a while.
    Once NZ is out of lockdown New Zealanders will be looking for experiences within NZ.
    I would suggest now is great time for market research into the domestic market.

Kia ora, I have just closed a major tourism business in Rotorua so completely empathise. The Domestic market is clearly going to be vital to your survival and as a small business I would recommend partnering up. Other industry businesses will have similar challenges so try to seek out a compatible partner(S). Through a collective you may be able to see your sales and marketing budgets go further. Rotorua is well placed Geographically to benefit from Domestic Tourism and Corporate travel given its proximity to Auckland and this market is where your focus should be.
    On the HR front if your referring to recruitment then employment contracting in the future is going to be critical. You must aim for flexibility in your labour force. You will have a challenge in getting any employee to regain faith in their employer and that journey is going to be rewarding.

(Happy to help in more detail)

Kia kaha!

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.