fbpx

LETS GET DOWN TO BUSINESS.

Question :
Kia Ora whanau,Appreciate this platform and all of the love here. I own a sandwich deli/’house’ which prior to covid I was looking to scale into a multi site business, having just committed to a lease in AKl cbd for location number 2, I’m lucky in that the property owner is an absolute legend and had no expectations around seeing that through immediately. I guess provided the lockdown doesnt remain for too long, im in an OK position. I’ve built a model that’s really sound financially whilst keeping its authenticity, in a saturated market I think weve positioned ourselves nicely to provide a service thats needed and that wont change. (sorry that sounded like some lame elevator pitch haha)  I think despite the hard times, im super aware of the opportunites that arise in a crisis, and really want to leverage all i can. I guess im hoping to spitball with someone about ideas, a mentor of sorts if anyone had any interest in what my plans where for the immediate. Lots of love to all, Huri

Question submitted 15/04/20 @ 07:43am
Industry: Business Growth
VIEW
VOTE
  • Hi Huri,
    It sounds like you have a clear view of things today.
    I would welcome the opportunity to discuss your opportunities and the scenarios you are facing as we move in and out of the different Stages.
    My family has been into catering and food models since I was a child so have a reasonable awareness of the variables.
    Lets keep it on the platform as much as able and for further context we can have a chat. Ping me on my LinkedIn profile to line up a chat if needed.
    Adam

Kia ora – I’ve set up soscafe.nz to help with some short term cash by helping businesses sell vouchers for future services. YOu might want to join that. But also through that we have access to 1500+ fellow hospo owners who are in similar situations. I will encourage them to join Manaaki and connect with you, and each other, to share their wisdom at this tough time. We can’t predict the future, but I do wonder if there is a way for hospo businesses to think about pooling costs (management, accounting, marketing), and potentially equipment and manufacturing capacity to help get back on their feet. Mergers / co-working arrangements in the hospo world?

Hi Huri,
    I am keen to chat further on the opportunities and pivots for you to consider in your situation.
    I work with retailers of every shape and size (including food and QSR) and have been involved in the scaling of many different retail food operators.

Contact me via linkedin or juanita@retailx.co.nz

Cheers Juanita

Hi Huri,

I would be more then happy to connect and assist with any questions you might have. I have worked in the F&B areas in the past running my own venues and more recently have been involved in setting up a new business which I hope will assist F&B providers moving forward. I have various levels of experience in the industry working alongside a wide range of hospitality retailers through certain projects.

Happy for you to fire me a note on nick.rowland@sidebyside.kiwi or connect on LinkedIn!

Hey Adam,

appreciate the reply, from all really, very appreciative. Been thinking about how the market might respond once we drop back down to level 2, particuarly when it comes to spending habits. I feel things will become very insular and hopefully that reflects in a push for local.Big ticket items might fall at the waistside but i think hospo should thrive. I wonder how much wiggle room there will be with commercial leases? Im really keen to push on and snap up a couple of locations (This was already in the pipeline for 2020) but perhaps snap a a few bargains, given landlords may be a little unsure…

Hi David,

I just jumped on with SOS cafe, what a lovely thing and thank you for thinking of us.
    Ive actually received a couple of vouchers which was a lovely surprise. I like your idea around pooling expenses, i had similar thoughts around delivery and whther there might be something effective that wasnt uber eats and didnt take the lions share

Hi Huri, we may be able to help too! We’re a NZ business working with hospitality to enable them to do contactless delivery, curbside pick up through our online platform – websites and apps. We have reduced a smaller offering to get businesses on fast really quick. $39 per month + 3%. Here’s the details: https://mobi2go.com/fast-tracked-digital-ordering

Morena. For a fast, easy & zero commission online ordering system, checkout https://onlinerestaurant.co.nz

These guys are a NZ business that are super committed to helping NZ restaurants and cafes get online. You can be online in less than a day. They help you with everything. Starting at $60+GST per month, there are no commissions unlike other providers like UberEats & Mobi2Go.

Pick-up. Delivery. Facebook Shop. Order ahead.

Totally worth checking out.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.