fbpx

LETS GET DOWN TO BUSINESS.

Question :
Kia Ora!I have a micro business and run a tiny online streetwear vintage store. I’m doing everything right (or so I think?) face value, but definitely need help with accounting or finding a trustworthy accountant. I myself am not the greatest with numbers but I KNOW that there is something missing and I am unsure of where/who to turn to.Nga Mihi,Mere

Question submitted 06/01/21 @ 07:56pm
Industry: Funding & Finance
VIEW
VOTE
  • Up
    Down

Morena Mere – how many transactions per week per month do you typically have and what region of Aotearoa are you? Andy

Up
    Down

Kia Ora Andy! Apologies for the delay in response. I was awaiting a notification but I never received one, arohamai! We’re pretty small and operate on curated monthly drops so transactions per month fluctuate anything from 10 to 30 a month. Since August, we average approx. $1500 to $2000 a month. But nothing more than that just yet. Thank you 🙂

Up
    Down

Wow… Apologies for the overuse of the word month

Up
    Down

All good, where are you based and are you happy to connect with an accountant online or in person? Andy

Up
    Down

Also that number of transactions is all ok and good – businesses start somewhere, and it is really about working out ‘what’ you want to do with the business and what systems you need to support the current scale, plus how you grow it if that is what you want to do – and adding systems as you go. Tables are totally fine (excel) when you start out, and having gold plated systems not really necessary again when the scale is low – as long as you pay your taxes and gst!!

Up
    Down

Also that number of transactions is all ok and good – businesses start somewhere, and it is really about working out ‘what’ you want to do with the business and what systems you need to support the current scale, plus how you grow it if that is what you want to do – and adding systems as you go. Tables are totally fine (excel) when you start out, and having gold plated systems not really necessary again when the scale is low – as long as you pay your taxes and gst!!

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.