fbpx

LETS GET DOWN TO BUSINESS.

Question :
Kia OraI’m doing some final testing on an online course. Safeto16.org is a 30 minute course to get parents  to build a wall of protection around their children from sexual offenders.The group who have been testing the course love the content.They all say it could be a bit more ‘colourful’ I’m now looking for a marketing strategy to move forward.Is there somewhere you can lead me please?

Question submitted 05/03/21 @ 08:30am
Industry: Brand & Marketing
VIEW
VOTE
  • Up
    Down

Kia Ora Brent! What an incredible topic to take on and help educate parents. My first question reading your description is who ideally you would like to provide this material to. Have you started only at the community level? Approached schools within your region for them to consider offering it as a resource to parents? Approached existing organizations who are looking after child welfare? Your marketing strategy to help expose more people to the material will largely depend on who you would like to partner with.

As for making the content more “colorful” – what do mean by that? Can the course have more examples in it? More humor? What is missing right now that you would like to add?

If you can help me understand both of those details, I may be able to give you additional advice on how to take a next step. Cheers

Up
    Down

Kia ora Brent wow this must be a very emotive project to be building, great work! As you already have a specific target market the next step is identifying where you can find them, and as Michelle says starting at the community level with orgs who already work in this space and with children and their families will be a cost effective way to get the word out (we all know budgets are tight when you’re starting out!) Going direct into organisations like schools, youth groups, child welfare groups etc means the main cost is your time. Another thing to consider would be trying to get your story covered by media once you have launched. A service like this that helps keep children safe will always be of interest. If you’d like some pointers here please get in touch. Particularly media that specifically talks to parents would be a great place to start, but I think you could also have success with broader reaching media too. And considering low cost marketing options like social media advertising would also be smart and easily scaleable as you grow. Check out http://www.digitalboost.co.nz which offers free online courses and a bunch of great videos and resources for learning about all things digital for business, including social media marketing. Good luck and please get in touch if you would like some help!

Up
    Down

Hi – I am a world renowned semiotician – study how visual comms can optimized to deliver messages in a relevant and culturally effective way. Happy to have a look at platform to offer my free thoughts.

Jerry, CEO, The Solution

Up
    Down

What a great project
    I have succesfully built two online schools, been running one of them for 2.5 years with almost 3000 users in a very specific industry, we find that people love tasters, they love to know up front what they will get.
    Perhaps a tour video, showing a logged in user.
    And I agree with the others, getting hold of those influencers who service your target market and may want your course to add value to their offering or be happy to test and recommend out.
    You can’t give away your course for free to all the time or long term to anyone without diminishing the value, in my view, but to a few key influencers in light of getting the word out to their parents or adding to their own offerings

You can do affiliate options, so people can get a cut if they promote your course too.

Word of mouth as well as digital works best in NZ

If you find something catchy and thought provoking speaking the direct language of your target market, talk benefits (whats in it for them) rather than features and then you can create some low cost but effective social media marketing

Facebook is great for this demographic

Jen

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.