fbpx

LETS GET DOWN TO BUSINESS.

Question :
Kia ora,I’m in the process of gifting my business to the people of NZ, however I want the profits of the business to go to the Iwi of NZ through a Trust/Beneficiary situation. The aim is for Maori to take control of their own communications, through the networks of Niche Media and the 80 media companies which operate out of the “Bureau of Ethnic Communication”. This provides a fully managed resource and income for Iwi to improve communications and opportunities for jobs in the Communications sector.Is there someone in Manaaki who can advise how best to set this up? 

Question submitted 11/06/20 @ 10:37am
Industry: Brand & Marketing
VIEW
VOTE
  • Up
    Down

Kia ora

What a wonderful question to read. I feel a really good contact for you to make is with Ezra Hirawini from Nau Mai Rā – Aotearoa’s first Māori Power Company. https://www.facebook.com/naumairanz/

Ezra and his team have a dream to create a Māori business in every industry that gives back to iwi and Nau Mai Rā is their first project. They are also on the hunt for a charitable trust to be the home of their business but they may be able to share their process so far with you.

If this is of interest, drop me a line at b@bravebear.co.nz and I can connect you.

Ngā mihi
    Bee

Up
    Down

Another way if you want to make a clean break away from the old hegemony or linear system of the past is to circularize your business by making it open source. This will enable commercial and non-commercial businesses to modify your functions of your business to suite their needs.

Even if your business is not a software or platform company like Facebook, you can still open source your business to say to people or businesses that all of the functions or services that your business provides benefit the all, for all eternity.

HTH

Up
    Down

Kia Ora

Sounds like you need a ‘trust’ structure in place where you create ‘wishes’ for the utilisation of the income stream to be utilised in support of the wishes on settling the trust. The question in this will be whether the Trust is a Charitable Trust or a simple Private Trust – it really depends on what is the most appropriate for the situation and your objectives.

Are there profits that can be leveraged already or is it something that needs to be built?

What a wonderful legacy this could be – Andy

Up
    Down

Hi there – checking in, how are you going with the choices around how you structure this – can we help any more with questions you have on your mind? Andy

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.