fbpx

Let's get down to business.

• AlexRadley

Business Owner

@alexradley

Question submitted 22/12/20 @ 05:41pm

My life purpose is to increase the economic prosperity of New Zealand through innovation and education. How does one understand if the small steps are heading up the right mountain? So far I’ve gained experience in Value added manufacturing, education technology, sports facilitation to develop confidence in youth, niche business startups. 

Category: Wellbeing
      • Comments

• Views

• Shares

• Andrew Hamilton

Admin

@andyadmin

Reply submitted 22/12/20 @ 05:41pm

Up
        Down

Morena – I would start with identifying a problem that needs solving, and focusing in on that ‘into the micro’ – that means to me, really understanding what the person or person’s pain point is and what the solution might be to that – building out from that – here is some reading for you to start up.

https://www.ycombinator.com/library/4D-yc-s-essential-startup-advice

Having a cause and purpose is awesome and important -to build something sustaining and long-term requires focusing in on actually solving problems and finding a commercial transfer of value to enable you to keep doing that.

Good luck. \Andy

• Shares

• Amanda

Industry Expert

@amanda

Reply submitted 22/12/20 @ 05:41pm

Up
        Down

Hi Alex. Thanks for posting and Seasons greetings.
        I agree with Andy’s advice and would add that we can only ever deeply trust in the intent of our mission to help keep the faith that our small steps are moving us in the profoundly right direction. You have clearly been adding may strings to your bow. We can’t know what is ahead but we can hold a clear vision and paddle that way. I often use that childhood game of ‘hot and cold’ to help – the one where someone hid something and the game was to find it with ‘hot/cold’ hints. We all have that barometer inside that indicates when we are ‘on track’ – feels profoundly right, and when we are ‘off track’ (often accompanied by doubt, excuses and reasons to keep going when we have an inkling it is not right (hot/cold). It is that internal compass that is worth tuning into and trusting. It’s in that inner space where insights arise and awareness grows, ideas pop in etc. To go back to Andy – what problem do you want to help solve? You are clearly purposeful so trust yourself and follow your whistle. We surely need more people like you seeking solutions. Start with vision and purpose and get researching what else is out there and where you can add value, and create a sustainable business. Ask lots of questions! All the best, Amanda

• Shares

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.