fbpx

LETS GET DOWN TO BUSINESS.

Question :
Talofa Team,I hope you are all doing well. I listened to a live that was done by Pat and Jordan this morning and realized I am need of some help during this time for my business. I run a project where I facilitate workshops and do talks around social media addiction/well being. I have done work in schools, AUT, DHB and other community groups that need my programme.I have had 4 gigs cancel during this lock down period and I am wondering what the future of this will look like for me. I have an idea but I do need help putting together a strategy on what post C-19 will look like and understanding the landscape of the corporate world that I was planning on breaking into Q2 of this year. Any help would be apprecaited. This question could also be for ‘Digital and Technology’ but I have decided to put it under business growth. Thank you. You can find my work under ‘DIGITAL DISCIPLINE’ on Facebook or IG.

Question submitted 15/04/20 @ 06:02pm
Industry: Brand & Marketing
VIEW
VOTE
  • Kia Ora all @tlaulu. Im just trying to get a better understanding of your question so I can help in the best way possible. Are you asking for what other ways you can keep your business going during this period? It may help if you send through exactly what your programme is so I can get a better understanding. Hope that’s ok?

There are a couple of things to think about here in my opinion. The first, and most pressing priority) is how are you going to pivot your business to be online based in the current environment? With social media usage on the rise during lockdown your work feels more important now than ever before. Are there certain at-risk groups / communities you could target? Could you record short clips/tips on how to minimize/manage social media usage that you could post and share? These are great for brand awareness, particularly if they’re engaging and are shared by others. How can you work to deliver your training / content via zoom or another virtual method during lockdown?

I think you could also be starting to target those Corporate clients during lockdown, as they are likely looking for ways to drive employee engagement and keep their teams feeling connected and well while they are working from home. Are there certain industries or sectors that you think would be more receptive to/benefit from these services? Who is the person you interact with in communities/AUT/DHB? What’s their role or job title? Where can you find people with a similar role/job title/profile in the corporate world? That’s where I would start your focus.

Once you have determined key sectors/industries and the role / job titles of your target personas, I would understand how they define the value you provide, and build a pitch document / presentation / proposal around this. Effectively you want to position your services in language they would use to define the problem that your company solves for them. This will help you to be understood faster and easier, as you’re speaking their language. Understanding where they find information in their day to day helps you determine which channels on which to focus, to ensure you maximize your marketing dollars. The easiest way to do this is to get on the phone with some of them (prospects), or send out a survey with a list of questions. Your timing is great, as there are likely people in lockdown with potentially time to spare, so you’re more likely to get them to answer. Consider offering a small incentive $20 grocery gift card, or donation to their favorite charity etc if you have trouble getting people to engage.

I hope this helps~

Kia Ora Bailey,

I’m kinda just stuck with how to repivot my efforts. I do workshops and talks around social media addiction and well being. I was working towards refining my programme ready to try break into the corporate space but then C19 hit. I am not ready to be online but I am looking at this being an option. I’m not not sure if its the right move right now. Just a bit lost really especially with groups, schools and possibly even companies restricting numbers…

Hi Kristy. I am just learning about kajabi and it’s capabilities for me to deliver some online training or modules on their. At the moment I have been sharing content throughout the pandemic and I usually share something every other day. I could probably do a few more posts where it’s me talking to my audience instead of posting images with captions which are still pretty thought-provoking. I guess doing a live with someone or alone could be an option I will look into doing one this weekend. In all honesty I don’t know where to start in terms of specific companies. I guess I I have talked to you a few people that said that what I have to deliver would be just as beneficial in the corporate space as well as the schools and community places I’ve been presenting to as well. Maybe that’s something I need to work on. I have a fair idea of who it could be four but I guess my issue is that I feel like it could be for anybody really. Probably more so parents wouldn’t these corporate spaces? I am currently refining my pitch and a sort of one pager that I could send out to potential customers. I like your idea about sending out a mini survey. I guess the thing I have to figure out as who these decision making people are that I can survey . your answer has been very thought provoking thank you so much but still so much to do on my end. I appreciate your time and would love to connect more if that’s possible in the future.

I would potentially look into Zoom as well as an option for delivering remote training.
    In terms of pitching to corporates, I think the big question to answer is how will it help their staff, and what is the benefit to the company from this?

The buyer might be someone in the HR, Corporate Wellness, or training/education space, and I think the best way to understand that will be to look at your current customer base and the value you provide there and see what is transferable/able to be leveraged for a corporate audience.

I am happy to connect more in the future, feel free to reach out whenever suits.

Thank you for responding Kirsty! For my particular program it would definitely sit around the well-being space. I have a fair idea of how it would benefit their staff, a lot of what I already deliver would be transferable. My adjustments that need to be made would be getting the appearance of my programme to a level I am happy with and then also my lack of networks. I can also look into how to articulate my value proposition better to potential clents. Yes please Kirsty I would love to connect more as I feel I need just a few more pointers and things to think about to move this business forward. Are you able to leave me your email please? Or please email me on tony.laulu@gmail.com Look forward to hearing from you.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.