fbpx

LETS GET DOWN TO BUSINESS.

Question :
Talofa Team,I hope you are all doing well. I listened to a live that was done by Pat and Jordan this morning and realized I am need of some help during this time for my business. I run a project where I facilitate workshops and do talks around social media addiction/well being. I have done work in schools, AUT, DHB and other community groups that need my programme.I have had 4 gigs cancel during this lock down period and I am wondering what the future of this will look like for me. I have an idea but I do need help putting together a strategy on what post C-19 will look like and understanding the landscape of the corporate world that I was planning on breaking into Q2 of this year. Any help would be apprecaited. This question could also be for ‘Digital and Technology’ but I have decided to put it under business growth. Thank you.

Question submitted 11/04/20 @ 06:29am
Industry: Business Growth
VIEW
VOTE
  • Hi there,
    You offer an incredible social good which will no doubt be in huge demand as we unplug from our C19 isolation.
    I know through staff at tertiary providers about the levels of isolation, depression and addiction of digital and there is certainly a need for this type of service.
    IMO the funding for your type of service will come from central government entities for the next 6 months. I guess the question is how well do you understand the process for this funding?
    With regards to corporate initiatives. How much market validation / testing have you done? Do you understand who you are focused on (roles and locations?) and what are their trigger points to buy / use? Enterprise organisations have a level of focus on corporate wellness however this will be relative to their budget areas post C19.
    If you want to post questions as a part of the feed I am sure you could drum up some initial responses.

Thanks for responding Adam, I appreciate it! In terms of funding I have done to two different funding type workshops/groups and they didnt seem to know where I fit. I have an impression that I could access funding from possibly the Ministry of health or something along the lines of mental health but I have not aggressively tried to find a connection there. Even now thinking that MSD or Ministry of education could do with this service. I am registered on the GETS website but nothing has come up in my line of work. That connection into funding would be awesome for me moving forward.

I guess the market validation has come from working with AUT, with staff at high schools and another corporate figure who facilitates workshops within that space. I am confident I have a space in the corporate world its just how do a get my foot in the door.

Looking forward to your response.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.