fbpx

LETS GET DOWN TO BUSINESS.

Question :
We are a charitable company supporting sustainable local economic development in Te Tairawhiti. We need some help to do financial modelling for a number of projects that are ramping up. Where is the best place to find this support for social enterprises/charities?Panapa EhauHikurangi Enterprisespanapa@hikurangi.enterprises0272000747

Question submitted 05/05/20 @ 09:27am
Industry: Social Enterprise (Community, Not-for-Profit, For Profit)
VIEW
VOTE
  • Morena – I would think that Activate Tairawhiti maybe a good place to start, they have some new funding in place via the regional business partners programme to support business advice and consulting – small buckets of money, but initially 10 hours or work which should help – I would also think about the local accounting firms in Gisborne who might be prepared to assist and/or think about other Impact Organisations who might have connections? Andy

Have you connected with ECT in regard to support that may be available locally? Explore with them first as I know they have some great mentors and connections from your local community!

Kia ora,

I hope you have been able to progress your project development and get assistance with the financial modelling. I don’t have any further suggestions at this stage but am hoping Andy and Louise’s advice was helpful. Let us know though as if these channels didn’t lead to the outcome you hoped for we can put our heads together for some additional suggestions.

All the best
    Deb

Kia ora Panapa

There are a lot of professionals offering pro-bono/free help right now. Most of them are for one-off pieces of work and you may be able to find someone to help with financial modelling there.

Check out Volunteering NZ’s page which lists sites where you can advertise: https://www.volunteeringnz.org.nz/finding-volunteer-roles/volunteer-opportunity-sites/

Ka kite
    Rochelle

Kia ora!
    Thanks Rochelle, yes there are lots of great ways to engage volunteer support for this. The local volunteer centre in Te Tairawhiti can be connected with here: https://www.gisbornevolunteercentre.org.nz/ – they connect volunteers to community organisations.
    Also you could adverstise for volunteer support directly with organisations like Seek Volunteer or Help Tank. 🙂
    Ka kite

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.