fbpx

LETS GET DOWN TO BUSINESS.

Question :
What are your top tips for digital marketing to Māori and Indigenous markets?

Question submitted 21/07/20 @ 01:35pm
Industry: Brand & Marketing
VIEW
VOTE
  • Morena Byron. My thought is be culturally aware, listen and respect the method and content that is reflective of Maori and/or any cultural norms for your target group. I am learning all the time in my engagements with different peoples across the world, and really the respect piece for me is the most important, but others will have more relevant context for you. Andy

The key is to understand your audience, then you can work on a content strategy and marketing mix around this.

What are the characteristics of your Maori and indigenous market target buyer? Are they male/female, into which age bracket do they fall, where are they based in NZ (overseas?), what are their emotional attributes that make them want to purchase your product/service?

The best way to get this information is find people who you think fit your ideal customer profile, and set up and conduct customer persona interviews. You should be able to conduct 5-10 of these interviews using a series of questions to help you better understand your target customer persona.

I’d ask questions such as
    – where do they find information about products & services?
    (magazines, WOM, internet, social media, networks etc)
    – what about it would cause them to buy?
    – where do they spend their time on social media (FB, IG, TikTok etc)?
    – what are their favorite websites?
    – what are their favorite magazines/newspapers etc?
    – what are ten words they would use to describe your business etc

You can then use this to start forming a persona, on which you can start to dive deeper into the motivations of your customers and craft a marketing mix around this. Ideally this is what should form the basis of your marketing activity, so that you’re spending your marketing dollars where you know it will have the most impact, with the right messaging, at the right time. This allows you to spend your marketing budget targeting these customers specifically which means you get a much higher ROI on your marketing spend.

You can find more information here: https://www.newbreedmarketing.com/blog/what-is-an-ideal-customer-profile.

I hope this helps~

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.