fbpx

LETS GET DOWN TO BUSINESS.

Question :
What packages are junior full-stack developers getting these days?* @ Early-stage startup – package will be $ + ESOP.* 1-2 years experience* Auckland basedThey will get chucked in the deep end and get to play with and learn a lot of tech and be involved in a lot of startup aspects.Deep experience not expected, but they will need:* a solid foundation of full-stack principles – frontend -> backend* pro-active and persistent at solving problems – on their own and asking for help at the right time* thirsty to learn with an experienced teacher.Tech they’ll be working with:* Javascript/Typescript* Next.js, React* HTML, CSS, Animation/Interaction* Node.js/Go* Server/Serverless – AWS, Vercel (Zeit) Now * Postgres, ArangoDB, RedisThey will also help with:* Product design* UX/UI design* Customer service

Question submitted 07/05/20 @ 11:05am
Industry: Start-ups
VIEW
VOTE
  • Up
    Down

Hi there – what are you actually asking Tim – what the wages/rem packages are or that you have jobs advertised? Andy

Up
    Down

Formatting was lost from paste into home page, hope this re-paste works.

“What packages are junior full-stack developers getting these days?”

Scope:
    @ an early-stage startup
    Offered package will be $ + ESOP.

Person
    * 1-2 years development experience
    * Auckland based

They will get chucked in the deep end and get to play with and learn a lot of tech and be involved in a lot of startup aspects.

Deep experience not expected, but they will need:

* a solid foundation of full-stack principles – frontend -> backend
    * pro-active and persistent at solving problems – on their own and asking for help at the right time
    * thirsty to learn with an experienced teacher.

Tech they’ll be working with:

* Javascript/Typescript
    * Next.js, React
    * HTML, CSS, Animation/Interaction
    * Node.js/Go
    * Server/Serverless – AWS, Vercel (Zeit) Now
    * Postgres, ArangoDB, Redis

They will also help with:
    * Product design
    * UX/UI design
    * Customer service

I’m looking at salary guides from recruitment firms, and Glassdoor,
    real-world examples for startups would be best.

Up
    Down

Thanks, Tim, still a bit unclear, are you asking for what the ‘pay rates’ are in the market for these roles – I just don’t know sorry. WE also don’t have recruiters as advisors on the site who will know the pay rates. Not very helpful I know.

Up
    Down

People are employed at companies on a Package,
    composed of base salary, and maybe $ bonuses, and maybe equity/options.

I would love examples of packages for someone with the experience and involved in the activities, I listed above, are getting in the current market.

Maybe Startup founders or managers could throw up some examples e.g:
    $60k + 5000 shares vesting over 4 years, vesting cliff of 1 year.

Just trying to get a sense of what’s being offered in NZ.

Up
    Down

OK, so you are asking – if you were to offer a co-founder tech guy/gal to join you what would you pay them to get them on board with base pay plus ESOP amount. Right? or just first hire?

Up
    Down

Hi,

The best place to go on this forum for this might be the People and Culture people who do a lot of hiring in this space – HR experts. Alternatively firms that do a lot of placing of these people.

Cheers

Will

Up
    Down

Talked to a few people – here is the sense:
    – Cash: 50-80k, Junior would be low-end and Intermediate high-end
    – ESOP: range but 5-10% of base salary package

Note, assuming the coy has money to pay them, so if lower pre-round then more ESOP.

Up
    Down

Excellent, thanks Andy.

Up
    Down

You and I earn the gold bage award today for resilience and eventually getting to the answer. Keep well Chief.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.