fbpx

LETS GET DOWN TO BUSINESS.

Question :
Whats the best way to go about promoting my inbound travel business whilst in isolation and/or reaching out to past clients?

Question submitted 26/03/20 @ 04:43pm
Industry: Tourism
VIEW
VOTE
  • Hi Samuel, what have you been doing in the past to reach your audience?

Have you considered creating some authentic video content to connect with your audience, maybe consider how you are managing to work in L4 environment, document your experience ?

It is a great time to look at new digital avenues, Tik Tok is a platform that I would recommend spending 20+ hours researching to figure out how it all works and where it can add value to your business. With over a billion downloads its real! LinkedIn adds, maybe not the best time to invest on adds now, but a great time to figure out how to target your audience and become weapon once its practical to reach out to your consumers…

Hope that helped in the interim…

Sam, with regard to past clients and to some degree with gaining new, I would call personally. I am finding that person to person conversations that demonstrate firstly care and secondly empathy are being very well received in this current environment.

Your clients may feel a little cut off and a voice at the end of the phone might be very welcome. Additionally people have a little more time on their hands and your message maybe well received.

I am currently making personal calls to all my affected employees and its helping us both, So possibly the unusual circumstances require an old fashioned approach.

Regards

Les

Hi Samuel,

Have you tried reaching out to Tourism NZ or your local tourism/ convention bureau? Some are membership based but others aren’t, but they all are set up purely to promote local business to inbound markets.

I have a few contacts you could approach if you’re keen.

Cheers

Adam

Hi Sam, Hope you’re well and safe. shall we catch up off line?
    But time to think laterally – can you go to online entertainment. If i’m right your customer base are largely into golf, golf..then fine food/wine? can you look at a short term pivot. If they don’t quite yet, they will need entertainment. Go out to your current database and ask them if they want to sign up to 4 weeks (+) and refine their golfing swing and putting action. Could you add wine or whiskey tasting. I’ve just started a yoga session at $15 per mth/14 dats free – it’s great. Your audience will have time on their hands and be looking to upskill. Then once engaged you can share the next adventures once that reopens. might work??? PM and we can chat if it’s not.

Hi Sam
    I know you’ve focused on higher end international guests, but could you pivot from inbound to a focus on domestic tourism for the next year. The key will be to add experiences to the courses in the itinerary but also take the hassle out of it all. There are many NZ golfers who will remain able to afford Kauri, Kidnappers, Te Arai etc with extras. One option would be to secure special access from the top courses now before they reopen.
    I also agree with Anna to broaden beyond golf and offer hand-curated hard to organise experiences. After being locked up for some time many kiwis will want to have an experience of a lifetime. You could help them plan it now whilst they have time in isolation, secure good rates from top end places, and secure deposits from customers.
    At some point the borders will open again but it’s likely to be slow and selected countries, not all, and not necessarily your main markets like AU and USA. However as each one does you can add it, and offer tours to NZ as well as tours to that country.
    Lastly, keep up your international marketing, just extend your timeframe for conversion and a return to your original vision.
    Hope that helps.
    Cheers
    Paul

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.