Hi, like others have said above, what you’re feeling is felt by many right now, and I say this only for you not to feel like you are not coping. But, you are right in that it’s incredibly uncomfortable and will be massively impacting your ability to see and think clearly.
With overwhelm it’s always helpful to talk to someone to find out what’s triggered it (if this is a new experience to you) as sometimes there’s something left field that you can take action around that you may not have realised was feeding it, it’s easy to think it’s the unknowns of business right now And there may be something else going on (relations stress, kids, health…).
I’m happy to chat to you if you’d like and see if we can find some actions you might take but it’s important you get medical support if that’s also direction you feel.
Tips that have helped me with business and covid related anxiety (as my businesses are also affected) are:
– Reclarifying big picture goals And priorities
– Reflecting each day on any areas that bothered me and what action I could take around them (conversations to have etc).
– Re employees we told them there was no certainty right now and would get covid subsidy for them as long as we could but contracting hours was all that we could offer after that until things changed. So we are giving them the options to find security elsewhere if they chose.
– And we are not doing long term planning as there are simply to many unknowns and just planning actions day by day for now
– regarding getting help, you need to chose what help you need. Coaching is great if you are healthy but need help seeing the wood for the trees and moving forward, counselling, drs, nutritionists etc….there are so many forms of support depending on exactly where you are at and what you need. And you are the best one to decide this. I’m a coach and available if that feels like the step and there are certain mental tools that can be learned that help remove the stress dog and bring your own clarity back.